EDM Services utilizes and maintains active licensing for a variety of software for drawing preparation and mapping, engineering design, and project management. Our firm has utilized computer-aided design (CAD) since its inception in 1990. We have found that using this design tool has improved the quality of all aspects of design and construction. Further, three-dimensional modeling has virtually eliminated errors and construction impacts.
Drawing and Mapping Software:
- Autodesk - AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Plant 3D, Raster, Map 3D
- ESRI - ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcGIS
- AVEVA - AVEVA E3D, AVEVA Draw
- Intergraph - CADWorx Plant
- Blue Sky Development, Inc. - AlignDB
- Bluebeam Inc. - Bluebeam Revu
- Bentley - Microstation XM, InRoads Survey
Engineering Design Software:
- RISA - 3D, Foundation, Base, and Connection
- LPile and Pile Group (Ensoft, Inc.). LPILE and Pile Group are special-purpose programs based on analyzing a pile under lateral loading using the p-y method. LPILE solves the differential equation for a beam-column using a finite difference approach. The program computes deflection, bending moment, shear force, and soil response over the length of the pile. Nonlinear lateral load-transfer from the foundation to the soil is modeled using p-y curves generated internally using published recommendations for various types of soils. Special procedures are available for computing p-y curves for layered soils and rocks. Alternatively, user specified p-y curves may be used.
- Proprietary Design Templates. Over 100 MathCAD templates have been developed for analyzing typical civil engineering situations. These include: seismic loading, wind loading, cast in place anchor bolt analysis, post installed anchor bolt analysis, matt footing design, spread footing design, drilled pier foundations, various pipe support designs, drain line sizing, pressure piping hydraulics, electrical voltage drop and conductor sizing, hydrostatic test pressure determination, MAOP determination, pipe surcharge loading analysis, horizontal directional drill (HDD) pipe stress analysis, blasting pipe stress analysis, trench shoring design, traffic plating and beam design, soldier pile analysis, fencing, weld sizing, thrust block design, pipe supports, structural connections, etc. These templates facilitate efficient and completeness of routine civil designs.
- Gas and Liquid Pipeline Hydraulics – SPS Modeler , Release 10. Synergi Pipeline Simulator (previously SPS). This software is used to facilitate pipeline design, eliminate operational problems and improve performance for networks transporting natural gas, dense phase gas or (batched) liquid hydrocarbons. The software uses a state of the art transient (pressure and temperature transients) hydraulic model and web based GUI, a system can be quickly and easily configured to model a client’s unique pipeline layout and simulate its pipeline operations. This model can then be used offline as an operations planning tool or connected to pipeline data (via SCADA or DCS) to provide critical real-time pipeline information. Synergi Pipeline Simulator is able to model a comprehensive range of pipeline assets including pipes, headers, block valves, check valves, regulators, compressors/pumps, instrumentation, controllers, sensors and actuators.
- Liquid Pipeline Hydraulics – AFT Impulse Release 5. AFT Impulse is a powerful fluid dynamic simulation tool used to calculate pressure transients in piping systems caused by water hammer and other dynamic impacts. It is designed for use in liquid systems containing: water, petroleum and refined products, chemical products, cryogens, refrigerants, etc. AFT Impulse is particularly useful for: ensuring that pressure extremes are within design allowables, sizing and locating surge suppression equipment, determining imbalanced pipe forces and sizing structural supports, troubleshooting existing systems to determine the cause of operational problems, and evaluating the effect of pressure surges due to vapor cavity collapse.
- Pipe Stress – CAESAR II. This software is used to evaluate the structural responses and stresses of piping systems to international codes and standards. The results are used for developing the loading for pipe support designs.
- Gas Dispersion Modeling – Canary by Quest. CANARY is Quest’s Consequence Modeling software that allows the user to model the potential impacts following a gas or hazardous fluid release. CANARY is unique in that it provides thermodynamic calculations for mixtures of up to 10 components from a list of more than 250. Using the multi-component thermodynamics information, CANARY calculates time-varying fluid release rates from a user-described vessel/piping system. These calculations account for two phase flow, flash vaporization, and aerosol formation, as well as liquid rainout. Vaporization from liquid pools takes into account pool spreading, heat transfer effects, and impoundment. The information generated by these models forms the source term(s) for the hazard models.
- Liqtherm. Heat Loss Calculation Software