Joseph K. Weis
Technologist, EDM Services, Inc.,
Simi Valley, California
- University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Ventura Junior College, Ventura, CA
- Total Quality Management
- H2S Certified
- AutoCAD – Computer Aided Drafting Program
- Microstation – Computer Aided Drafting Program
- AutoLisp – Autocad Programming language
- Graphic Design – Design Program
- DOS 5.0 – Personal Computer Operating System
- Windows 3.1 – Shell Operating Environment
- Designer 3.2 – Design Program
- Lotus 123 – Spreadsheet Program
- 1992 – Present Technologist and Senior Technician, EDM Services, Inc., Simi Valley, California
- CAD Management and Development
- Documentation Management and Control
- Customer Drafting and Design Standards/Quality Control
- Specifications Coordination
- Piping and Instrumentation Design and Support
- Materials Procurement
- Construction Inspection and Control
- Project Coordination and Management
- CAD and related database programming
- AutoCAD Certified Technician with 16 years CAD experience
- Chevron Pipe Line Company, Pipeline Repairs, Bay Area Product System – In 1998 and 1999, Joe provided the inspection and permitting agency interfacing for a major directional drilled pipeline crossing beneath the eastern portion of the San Francisco Bay. This project also included several onshore pipeline repairs within designated wetlands and other environmentally sensitive areas. Joe was responsible for overall pipeline inspection and coordination with affected agencies, which included: Army Corps of Engineers, US Fish and Wildlife, California Department of Fish and Game, California State Fire Marshal, and several landowners. Construction is expected to be completed by late November 1999.
- Chevron Pipe Line Company, Northam Pipeline Relocation – In late 1999, Joe provided construction inspection for several pipeline relocations in La Mirada, California.
- Chevron Pipe Line Company, Equilon Tie-In – In late 1998 and early 1999, Joe provided construction inspection services for a 20″ pipeline tie-in located in Carson, California. This $1,800,000 project included heavy reinforced concrete, electrical power and instrumentation, piping, pipeline construction within heavily traveled roadways, area lighting, etc.
- 1980 – 1992 Senior Staff Drafter/Project Manager, Exxon Company, U.S.A., Thousand Oaks, California
- Developed computerized Drafting Department by training and supervising a staff not previously involved in a computer engineering environment.
- Organized file management system to expedite search and retrieval of documentation.
- Acted as Exxon/Contractor drafting liaison by developing partnerships with contractors to establish drafting standards and procedures and to support the regulatory requirements of the company’s western division.
- Field work included facility As -Built verification; pipe/equipment layout verification, pre-construction and design layout.
- Mapped underground pipe and facility locations and designed the Polymer Flood facility at the Wilmington Field.
- Project Manager for the following Santa Ynez Unit Projects:
- Hondo Platform as-built P&ID project
- Electrical drawing update
- HIC inspection program
- Santa Ynez Unit pipeline tie-ins
- Single Anchor Leg Mooring swivels change out
- Offshore Storage &Treating Vessel/Yoke hinge replacement
- Firewater deluge system replacement
- Platform flare tip replacement
- At the South Belridge Field – Hill Property facility designed the oil blending facility, water pump station and new well tie-in.
1979 Drafting Supervisor & Field Foreman, International Telco Service, Modesto/Los Angeles, California
- Supervised and prepared underground facilities mapping for this telecommunications contractor.
- 1978 Drafter, Butler International/Butler Service Group, St. Louis, MO/Modesto, CA
- As-built drafter and performed checks for field facilities mapping.